Sunday, September 8, 2013

Glorious 39 - Synopsis, images, videos

Glorious 39 Synopsis (source)
GLORIOUS 39 is a tense psychological thriller, from acclaimed director Stephen Poliakoff, about a young woman who uncovers dark secrets about Britain's relationship with Nazi Germany in the lead up to the Second World War.
„This little war makes everything uncertain.”

Production images (Source)



Videos - trailer, interview, clip



BBC Films Video - Glorious 39:set report (link to the video)
Behind the scnenes look on set of Glorious 39

Romola and Eddie on set of ‘Glorious 39’ - source: k280-2

Eddie Redmayne interview about Glorious 39 (link to the video)
This is a very interesting interview, which isn't on Youtube (length 4:25)

Eddie Redmayne about filming 'Glorious 39':
"Despite the fact that we were shooting the glorious summer of 1939 in freezing-cold Norfolk, it was a really wonderful shoot. We lived the quintessential English dream in Burnham Market and I got to wear very high-waisted trousers. It was a tricky part for me. The irony is that I found it most tricky because I was playing so close to type. I was playing a guy who had probably been to Cambridge, and probably been to Eton, yet I had to have dialect lessons. I couldn't believe I struggled with it. That messed with my head a bit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation