Wednesday, November 19, 2014

New Stephen Hawking set visit futurette - BTS photos, stills and gifs from the film




new featurette about "Theory", depicts just such an occasion, when Hawking and Wilde stopped by the Cambridge shoot to watch the filming of the key May Ball scene.
"It was the most surreal experience," says Felicity Jones, who plays Wilde in the film, about seeing the real-life couple on set while delivering her lines. Co-star Eddie Redmayne, who plays Hawking, put it more bluntly, saying he felt
"great trepidation" about the experience, but also "wonderful pride" knowing Hawking was watching them work.
For his part, Hawking was quite pleased with "Theory," noting that he was "quite surprised" that a film
would be made about him, and praising the "extraordinary" May Ball scene in particular. (x) via (x)

I thought Eddie Redmayne portrayed me very well in The Theory of Everything Movie. He spent time with ALS sufferers so he could be authentic. At times, I thought he was me.
Seeing the film has given me the opportunity to reflect on my life. Although I'm severely disabled, I have been successful in my scientific work. I travel widely and have been to Antarctica and Easter Island, down in a submarine and up on a zero gravity flight. One day I hope to go into space.
I've been privileged to gain some understanding of the way the universe operates through my work. But it would be an empty universe indeed without the people that I love. -SH








source (x) via (x)



 (x)
"I feel like I can still see Stephen in his face, even now. I can see the character had a profound 
effect on him. But he’s a true actor. He was obsessive about it. He wanted to play this man 
with respect, and with absolute truthfulness." - Felicity Jones (x)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation