Saturday, September 26, 2015

Portrait in the making - artwork by Amy Clemens

The wonderful finished pencil portrait by an Australian graphic designer Amy Clemens (x)
Amy congratulated to Eddie on his Oscar for his portrayal of Stephen Hawking. 

She documented the making of the portrait on Instagram and tumblr.

amyclemens12: Guess who? Hint: he's been in a movie released recently. And he is British.(x)
We are only at the beginning of the process, but Eddie is already recognizable.

Work in progress, Eddie Redmayne. (x)
I like this phase the best. The beautiful face is already done and
the other parts of the drawing not distract you in admiring it.

Work in process (x)

 amyclemens12 (x): I've been a fan of Eddie Redmayne's for a while and when I saw
The Theory of Everything a few weeks ago, I knew I had to draw him. His performance
as Stephen Hawking was incredibly moving and inspiring. What a talent.

quartzion-thecrystal-queen asked: Do you use photographs from online for reference? 
Answer: Yes, most of the time I use one reference image or a range of images. If I am creating something original 
I often use parts of many images to create something new.

P.S.: This is not new, but I like it so much, I thought it worth posting. I think the only reason that I didn't posted when she made the pic, that it was in the middle of the awards season and so many things happenned that time. Her work based on a photo from the sesion by Rainer Hosch for Venice Magazine (2010)

You find more beautiful works in the related posts on tumblr 

Two more portraits

gacelline (x): Bae - graphite drawing by an art student Celline Mercado
I haven’t done graphite portraits in forever! This one is an exercise for my Drawing class. 
Eddie Redmayne is life. (x)

 Another new portrait from Twitter (x) - published today


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment can be published after moderation